We pulled London from St. James, her school and I actually cried the day I picked her up for the first time. I asked the teachers if any mom cries when she pulls her child from daycare and they said "a small few". I just loved the women that loved on my baby. Anyway, London started at First Friends last week. Her new school is 2 days a week and I have been working there both days. It gets me out of the house, talking to adults, and making some money. It is actually working out very well.
Next, Scott has finished school and he graduates with his doctorate in physical therapy on August 15th. I am so proud of him and how hard he has worked to get this. He worked full time, took care of baby girl and managed to fit school in there somewhere, with great grades I might add. I think I may change our return address stickers to Dr. and Mrs Woodard. Hahaha.
Third, London has turned 9 months old and is the happiest baby. She is crawling, pulling herself up, saying "mama" and "dada", and has even managed to stand on her own a few times. It is just a true blessing and a complete blast to be with her.
Finally, Scott and I DID go on our trip to Virginia/DC/New York. We had a great time and got to do a lot of cool things. We visited all of the "DC" things, but we also got to see the Chief Justice's in action, which was really cool. In New York, we went to David Letterman, with Jessica Biel and one of the guys from the new movies "Hangover". We went to a Broadway play, "Exit the King" with Geoffrey Rush and Susan Sarandon. Geoffrey Rush just won the Tony Award for his performance. We also went to the Today Show Summer Concert Series and saw the Dave Matthews Band. All in all, it was great. We missed London terribly and she ended up getting sick the first few days we were gone. :( We had a lot of fun, but won't be leaving baby girl for that long in quite a while, if we do at all.
Ok, I think my novel is over. I will conclude with a few pics from our trip (long story, but most did not turn out good) and some updated pics of London.
Scott in front of the White House

Is this not hilarious? This was at the National Zoo and this prairie dog just froze. It was awesome!

FAO Schwartz. Needless to say, London got stuff from there.
Is this not hilarious? This was at the National Zoo and this prairie dog just froze. It was awesome!
FAO Schwartz. Needless to say, London got stuff from there.
Right outside our hotel in New York.
On our way back to the hotel after the play.

3 comments:
Yea! Glad to hear an update.
I wish we lived close to one another so we could have playdates.
Love the new pics of London. She's so precious.
Jennifer,
I am glad to have found your blog! Happy to hear that you are going to be at home with London :) Congrats to your family for all the exciting things that are going on for you guys!
Congrats to you both! That's great about Scott's doctorate, and I'm so happy for you that you'll be at home with London =). Look forward to seeing you this weekend!
Post a Comment